As the number of independent doctors shrinks, unfavorable market dynamics grow. This results in patients having fewer choices, poorer outcomes and higher health-care costs. Your support helps us all reach the following goals.
- Stop consolidation of hospitals and medical practices.
- Educate patients and the community about how consolidations raise costs, reduce quality, decrease access, eliminate jobs, and result in unnecessary tests and procedures.
- Increase transparency, so consumers can know prices before they have procedures and choose the most affordable options.
- Inform lawmakers about why independent doctors are critical to health-care quality, cost and the economy.
- Work with insurance companies to bring payments to hospital-employed doctors in line with payments to independent doctors.
- Stop hospitals from the common practice of diverting patients from independent doctors to employed ones.
- Establish one voice that will represent the interests of independent doctors to legislative and regulatory agencies.
- Help doctors stay independent.